Photon Astronomy Ezine Downloads
Photon was an astronomy ezine I put together a couple of years ago that ran for 8 issues. I thought it filled a hole in the amateur astronomy scene that was not addressed by the mainstream astronomy magazines at the time.
Since I was putting a lot of time and energy into its production, I charged $15 a year for it. Unfortunately, despite it receiving very positive reviews, not enough people subscribed to it to make it economically viable and I had no choice but to cease publication after issue 8.
Now, for the first time, I'm making the ezine available to download for free. Each issue's contents are listed below. All files are in PDF format. Right-click links and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." to download to your PC. Left-click links to load the ezines into your browser. (Files are between 3Mb and 7Mb).
If you'd like to continue the spirit of Photon, please consider submitting an article to the Night Sky Observer.
Enjoy the ezines.
|Photon Issue 1
|Photon Issue 2
|Photon Issue 3
|Photon Issue 4
|Photon Issue 5
|Photon Issue 6
|Photon Issue 7
|Photon Issue 8
- Congratulations on another GREAT issue of Photon!!! I subscribed for the next six issues. It is well worth the nominal cost you have assigned it. Keep up the good work. I'll try to help you out by contributing an article in the future.
- George Reynolds
- Another GREAT one!
- Rod Mollise
- I want to thank you again for publishing my article and for putting together such a great venue for amateurs like me. I will be encouraging my home club to support your efforts.
- Mark Deprest
Many thanks for the effort you put into putting this ezine togther. It's good to know that amateurs do still have an unbiased outlet for their articles and opinions. Keep up the good work!
- Richard Bradford
- I am flattered that you considered my work good enough for you to publish. (And the cover image no less!!)
- Don Waid
- Thanks for the insertion of the two articles in Issue 7. I like the way you included hyperlinks for many of the key words and phrases.
- Jack Huerkamp
- I find your information helpful, professional, and not subject to the non-astronomy "opinions" that clog many resource publications.
- Doug Smith
- Wow! Thank you! I never thought I would ever be a published lunar photographer.
- Roger Anderson
Remember, if you have an article, you can submit it to me here: Night Sky Observer. You can include images and links as well as an author bio. Articles are reviewed prior to publication.